We’re Looking for You! Rock Star Publicist Needed
Leading hospitality communications agency in San Francisco, representing clients in the restaurant, hotel and beverage industry seeks a bright, organized, resourceful, dynamic Public Relations Guru to join our fast-paced agency and passionate team!
Requirements for Position:
Proven PR professional with solid public relations experience in the hospitality/restaurant industry – food, wine and hotel knowledge is required! We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills, industry experience, leadership abilities, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team. A background and passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry is a must. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes the business and is fully in tune with the industry movements inside and out.
- Create and execute strategic plans and publicity campaigns
- Work with team members to manage timelines and action items
- Stay on top of top industry trends in the food and hospitality industry; present out-of-the-box ideas to clients on an ongoing basis
- Draft press releases and media alerts
- Pitch media to secure coverage
- Develop and maintain press lists
- Ability to manage 5-10 accounts simultaneously and seamlessly
- Establish partnership integration by successful handling and execution of event details
- Host and entertain media, ensuring and maintaining positive relationships with key media
- Ensure that clients’ information and image is rampant on social media
- Ensure all media copy is proofread and vetted before its release
- Report on industry trends
- Assist with social media, e-newsletters and copy writing as needed
- Prepare regular status reports and report to agency president and supervisor
- Represent AF&Co. at notable industry events
This is not an entry-level position. Applicants must possess media contacts in the hospitality industry and minimum three years of public relations experience.
- In-depth hotel/restaurant experience and a passion for the industry
- Strong grammar and writing skills and the ability to edit and proofread copy
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Dropbox, PowerPoint and Cision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and operate with a sense of urgency while not losing site of details.
- Strong communication skills/proactive and responsive with clients and team members
Passion for the hospitality industry with restaurant/hotel experience a must
- Operate under strict deadlines and high levels of confidentiality
- Articulate with great presentation skills and phone manner
- Attendance at evening and weekend events as needed
Salary range and title will be commensurate on experience, accomplishments and skill. This new role may be classified anywhere from manager, supervisor or director level based on the breadth of the candidate’s experience. There’s tons of room for growth! Compensation will include base salary and business development/performance bonuses. Full benefits package including medical, dental etc. plus 401 (k). We would prefer a locally based candidate but will consider candidates nationally. We have a limited relocation policy.
Come sit at our table!
Please contact Angelo Severino, at email@example.com with resume, salary history/expectations and a cover letter telling us about:
- Your restaurant/hotel passion/expertise
- Your favorite SF restaurant
- Your favorite foodie blog/magazine to read and why?
- Who would you play in a movie and why?
Andrew Freeman & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.