af&co. Eats – Shantel and Kim Dine at Shizen
Our Office Manager Shantel and Account Coordinator Kim recently visited Shizen Vegan Sushi Bar and Izakaya in the Mission. Both are not vegan but were excited by the fact that the food was not just bland veggies in a roll, but was instead full of flavor and spice!
They started their experience with a few appetizers, including garlic edamame and gyozas, that were followed by Shizen’s SPECIALTY ROLLS – make sure to mainly order those in order to get the full flavor and spice experience that makes Shizen so special!
Specialty Rolls ordered:
- Prime Suspect (tempura roll with sweet potato, smoked bean curd, pickled mango, tomato, onion, yuzu, shiso, jalapeno)
- Hidden Agenda (tempura eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, carrot, yellow onion, garlic aioli, sweet soy sauce)
- Body and Soul (Tempura roll with spicy tofu, green onion, shichimi togarashi, sesame, spicy aioli, sweet soy)
- Secret Weapon (sweet potato tempura, avocado, spicy tofu, roasted bell pepper, sesame mustard, seaweed pearls)
- Their Favorite: Plot Twist (tempura roll with sweet potato, smoked bean curd, pickled mango, tomato, onion, yuzu, shiso, jalapeño)
When you go, make sure to order one of their cocktails – delicious! Another important tip: The restaurant opens daily at 5 pm and doesn’t take reservations. You snooze, you lose so make sure to get there at least 30 minutes early or put your name on the online Yelp waiting list that opens at 6 pm.