Join the A-team
Open positions with af&co.
af&co., based in the heart of San Francisco, is a full-service integrated communications agency with a passion for the hospitality industry. Our clients include restaurants, hotels, food and beverage brands and special events. We specialize in media relations, influencer relations, marketing, social media and launch strategy, as well as concept development and operational consulting. Our goals are to provide personalized and expert guidance, build brand awareness, and generate results and results for our clients. We work hard and we love what we do. Our approach for each client is fresh, direct, creative and stylish. We inspire people to love our clients as much as we do! For more information, please see our website at www.afandco.com.
Seeking a Passionate Account Manager
Here’s the scoop:
Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Public Relations
Reporting To: Managing Director(s)
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
This position requires three to five years’ experience, with strong public relations and marketing expertise, complemented by sharp communication and leadership skills. Account Managers are responsible for achieving and maintaining client satisfaction. A passion for food, restaurants and the hospitality industry, as well as a desire to learn more about marketing, media relations and brand strategy, are key to success in this role. While our team is temporarily working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is required that this position be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are looking for someone who:
- Possesses a strong portfolio of secured local and national media coverage
- Has excellent relationships with a long list of San Francisco Bay Area and national media, specifically those that cover hospitality, food and beverage
- Is detail-oriented, very creative, empathetic, resourceful, tenacious, strategic, an assertive goal-setter and excellent communicator
- Possesses a keen interest in and passion for food, restaurants, cocktails, travel, and the hospitality arts and culture in general
- Has excellent writing skills, which can be applied creatively and effectively to anything from a press release or pitch to a case study or client newsletter
- Is trained in AP Style
- A natural networker and team player with strong social skills who can juggle multiple projects with finesse
- Is a born story-teller with strong persuasion skills
- Serves as a knowledgeable mentor to account coordinator(s) and intern(s)
- Fosters a fun, friendly, open, drama-free and efficient work environment
- Assists company with new business outreach
- Brings strategic rigor and a high quality of work to every account or project
- Displays friendliness, courtesy and attentiveness to client needs
- Is highly productive and efficient in time management
- Is adaptable and responds quickly to internal and external communication
In this role, you will be the central point of communication for six to nine clients. You will build confidence with the client that strategic solutions, project details, process steps, billings and deliverables are well organized, communicated and managed. Additionally, you will ensure all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of af&co.’s approach.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead client’s integrated marketing communications planning, identifying objectives, strategies and tactics
- Manage content for digital platforms (social media, blog, website, e-newsletters, etc.) for af&co and its clients
- Directly manage client social media profiles, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Manage influencer campaigns from start to finish
- Use Sprout Social and Klear or another influencer marketing platform
- Create and manage social media ad campaigns through Facebook Business Manager
- Manage client photo/video shoots
- Create and manage client email marketing campaigns
- Create reports and analyzes KPIs for each client
- Measure ROI and utilize data to make informed strategic or tactical recommendations
- Collaborate with account teams on the planning and execution of events for af&co clients, with oversight by Managing Director
- Assist in overall digital brand strategy and messaging for all clients
- Working with a fantastic, tight team of communications and marketing pros who are passionate about our industry and clients
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Business development bonus
- Paid vacation with additional comp time
- Work from home
- Partial reimbursement for cell phone and internet service
- 401K retirement plan with profit sharing
- Pre-tax transit benefit
- The thrill of working with and experiencing our amazing clients, which often includes enjoying delicious food and beverages!
Salary is based on experience, accomplishments and skills. Please contact Rose Guiliano at
firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter telling us about:
- Your most successful media relations campaign and why
- Your restaurant/hotel passion/expertise
- Your leadership/management style
- Favorite restaurant/chef and why?
Please note that candidates are also required to complete an official application and timed writing test. Finalists will be asked to share references. af&co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.