Join the A-team
Open positions with af&co.
We’re Growing!! Seeking a Passionate Hospitality Senior PR Account Manager
af&co., based in the heart of San Francisco, is a full-service boutique hospitality consulting agency specializing in concept development, operational consulting, public relations, marketing, social media, launch strategy and more. Our goals are to provide personalized consulting, build branded awareness and generate revenue/results for our clients. Our approach for each client is fresh, direct, creative and stylish. We are passionate about our expertise, the clients we work with, and the industry that we’re in. We work hard and we love what we do. Hey, we’re in hospitality! For more information, please see our website at www.afandco.com.
Given our recent growth, we are now looking for an experienced hospitality public relations professional who is a great manager and able to easily lead the charge in our clients’ public relations initiatives. The senior account manager will support the Senior Director of Public Relations, as well as the Director of Marketing, in working closely with team members to develop strategic campaigns and drive client success.
Here’s the scoop:
Job Title: Senior Account Manager, Public Relations
Department: Public Relations
Reporting to: Senior Director, Public Relations
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
- Hospitality and/or culinary public relations background (at least 4-6 years)
- Agency experience is ideal and hospitality (hotels, restaurants, food products) experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Masters Degree valued
- Ability to work 40 hours a week at a minimum and interest in attending evening and weekend events as needed
- Strong knowledge of the local, regional, and national media scene
- General knowledge and understanding of the public relations process to assist with questions from the account managers and intern team as it relations to public relations and media outreach
- Strong writing skills, including prior experience with writing press releases, media alerts, pitches, and press kit development
- The ability to keep up with hospitality trends – from food to beverage trends to travel and design trends
- Self-driven, resourceful and organized – ability to keep up with deadlines and track all media outreach activity in the Press Tracker
- Confident and approachable with a friendly, positive attitude
- Most importantly, you must love food, wine, cocktails and travel!
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE
- Account Management
- Responsible for 6 – 8 client accounts; manage assigned accounts with one other team member
- Manage up to directors and supervisors to report on deadlines and account priorities
- Prepare regular status reports and report to Senior Director of PR
- Work with team members to manage timelines and action items
- Public Relations
- Create and execute strategic plans and publicity campaigns
- Develop event briefs for media and influencer events (tastings, openings, chef launches, )
- Draft press releases and media alerts
- Write and edit additional press materials including but not limited to bios, fact sheets, talking points,
- Create and update media and influencer lists
- Pitch media to secure coverage
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Host and entertain media
- New Business & af&co. Meetings
- Assist with new business proposals and contracts
- Attend agency bi-weekly PR meetings
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Active community involvement – local SF and national professional/charitable organizations
- Represent af&co. at community and industry events
Salary range will be based on experience, accomplishments and skill. Compensation will include base salary and business development/performance bonuses and potential partnership opportunities. Full benefits package including medical, dental etc. plus 401
- We would prefer a locally based candidate but will consider candidates nationally. We have a limited relocation
Please contact Senior Director of PR, Yasemin Sussman at email@example.com with resume, salary history/expectations and a cover letter telling us about:
- Your most successful public relations campaign and why?
- Your restaurant/hotel passion/expertise
- Your leadership/management style
- Favorite restaurant/chef and why?
- Who would play you in a movie and why?
It would be helpful if you included an example of your best public relations work and 2 – 3 examples of placements that you are proud of, in whatever medium. Please forward as an attachment in either Microsoft Office, pdf or jpeg format or as a link.
af&co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.