Join the A-team
Open positions with af&co.
Seeking a Passionate Hospitality Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
af&co., based in the heart of San Francisco, is a full-service boutique hospitality consulting
Here’s the scoop:
Job Title: Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
Department: Public Relations
Reporting to: Director, Public Relations
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
This position requires 3 to 5 years’ experience, with strong media relations expertise complemented by sharp communication and leadership skills. Account Managers are responsible for achieving and maintaining client satisfaction, and a passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry, as well as a desire to learn more about marketing, public relations and brand strategy, are key to success in this role.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings strategic rigor and a high quality of work to every account or project
- Displays friendliness, courtesy and attentiveness to client needs
- Is highly productive and efficient in time management
- Is adaptable and responds quickly to internal and external communication
In this role, you will be the central point of communication for 6 to 9 clients. You will build confidence with the client that strategic solutions, project details, process steps, billings and deliverables are well organized, communicated and managed. Additionally, you will ensure all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error- free, of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of af&co.’s approach.
Media Relations Expertise
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead client’s integrated marketing communications planning, identifying objectives, strategies and tactics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the media and influencers
- Lead the creation of creative public relations initiatives that drive relevance and revenue
- Secure features, mentions and round-ups for clients on a regular basis
- Ideate, write, edit, and execute pitches that achieve goals for clients and agency
- Research/write press releases including monthly round ups, calendars and clients (include tracking/measurement system)
- Build and oversee the creation of targeted media lists for client pitches
- Manage editorial calendar opportunities for clients, including tracking deadlines, sharing opportunities with other account managers
- Measure ROI and utilize data to make informed strategic or tactical recommendations
Salary range will be based on experience, accomplishments and skills. Compensation will include a base salary and business development/performance bonuses, along with full benefits package including medical, dental etc. plus 401 (k). We would prefer a locally-based candidate but will consider candidates nationally. We have a limited relocation policy. Please contact Director of PR, Amy Cleary at email@example.com with resume, salary history/expectations and a cover letter telling us about:
- Your most successful media or influencer relations campaign and why?
- Your restaurant/hotel passion/expertise
- Your leadership/management style
- Favorite restaurant/chef and why?
Please also include 2 – 3 placements that you are proud of, in whatever medium. Please forward as an attachment in either Microsoft Office, pdf or jpeg format or as a link.
af&co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.