Join the A-team
Open positions with af&co.
Seeking a Passionate Hospitality Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
af&co., based in the heart of San Francisco, is a full-service boutique hospitality consulting
Here’s the scoop:
Job Title: Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
Department: Public Relations
Reporting to: Director, Public Relations
FLSA Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
Media and Influencer Relations Account Manager
This position requires 3 to 5 years’ experience, with strong media relations expertise complemented by sharp communication and leadership skills. Account Managers are responsible for achieving and maintaining client satisfaction, and a passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry, as well as a desire to learn more about marketing, public relations and brand strategy, are key to success in this role.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings strategic rigor and a high quality of work to every account or project
- Displays friendliness, courtesy and attentiveness to client needs
- Is highly productive and efficient in time management
- Is adaptable and responds quickly to internal and external communication
In this role, you will be the central point of communication for 6 to 9 clients. You will build confidence with the client that strategic solutions, project details, process steps, billings and deliverables are well organized, communicated and managed. Additionally, you will ensure all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error- free, of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of af&co.’s approach.
Media Relations Expertise
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead client’s integrated marketing communications planning, identifying objectives, strategies and tactics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the media and influencers
- Lead the creation of creative public relations initiatives that drive relevance and revenue
- Secure features, mentions and round-ups for clients on a regular basis
- Ideate, write, edit, and execute pitches that achieve goals for clients and agency
- Research/write press releases including monthly round ups, calendars and clients (include tracking/measurement system)
- Build and oversee the creation of targeted media lists for client pitches
- Manage editorial calendar opportunities for clients, including tracking deadlines, sharing opportunities with other account managers
- Measure ROI and utilize data to make informed strategic or tactical recommendations
Salary range will be based on experience, accomplishments and skills. Compensation will include a base salary and business development/performance bonuses, along with full benefits package including medical, dental etc. plus 401 (k). We would prefer a locally-based candidate but will consider candidates nationally. We have a limited relocation policy. Please contact Director of PR, Amy Cleary at email@example.com with resume, salary history/expectations and a cover letter telling us about:
- Your most successful media or influencer relations campaign and why?
- Your restaurant/hotel passion/expertise
- Your leadership/management style
- Favorite restaurant/chef and why?
Please also include 2 – 3 placements that you are proud of, in whatever medium. Please forward as an attachment in either Microsoft Office, pdf or jpeg format or as a link.
af&co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
af&co. is a dynamic communications agency located in downtown San Francisco that caters to the hospitality, lifestyle, and restaurant industries. We work hard and we love what we do. Hey, we’re in hospitality! We offer our clients a variety of services including: Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media and Concepts/Strategy – and are looking for Marketing, Social Media, & PR interns for the upcoming semester to roll up their sleeves and join our passionate team. Visit our website for more information (www.afandco.com) and follow us on social media (@afandco).
The internship will be very hands-on in helping our agency achieve our goal of providing outstanding service to our clients. Specifically, the intern role will focus heavily in supporting our programming, marketing, social media and public relations efforts. You’ll be involved in drafting public relations and marketing materials, social media content creation, programming assistance, helping with the coordination of projects and events, plus research and occasional data entry. The perks include attending some really great events if the timing works out.
We don’t pay in monetary terms, but we do compensate you with something even more valuable –experience and skills to get you to the next level in your career. This is a fantastic learning experience for a highly motivated individual. If you are interested in understanding the inner-workings of public relations, marketing and hospitality, then we want to hear from you!
Sounds like a great fit? We’d love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter stating why you’re the ideal candidate for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The more you put into, it the more you’ll get out of it: You’ll learn a lot, but in return, we ask that you participate. We’re looking for someone who has passion for the hospitality industry and interest in learning more about public relations and marketing.
- Commit and show up: The internship lasts for about four months (some flexibility in making it shorter or longer) with varying hours in office. We’re flexible in terms of working around school and work schedules, but do require a minimum of three work days per week so you get the most out of the internship.
- Current students
- Enrolled in course credit hours as this internship is unpaid and receiving school credit is a non-negotiable (newly graduated students seeking full time employment is the only exception)
- Able to participate during the entire school term
- Well-versed and confident using Google Docs/Sheets/Microsoft Office, social platform reporting and Google analytics a plus
- Great communication and strong writing skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative in problem solving
- Highly organized and detail/task-orientated, strong follow through